Saturday, September 8, 2007

Expensive Cookies

Have you ever owned cookies that were so valuable you felt like taking out an insurance policy on them? Well, I have. They are currently in my possession.

Yesterday, I asked GP to run an errand while he was out--I need two dozen cookies for a wedding shower I am helping to host on Sunday afternoon. Because I was in a hurry to get to my VERY early morning duty at Wheat, I didn't take time to explain the entire concept of "dainty shower cookies" to him. I also failed to explain that you buy cookies like that by the DOZEN and not APIECE. It's just like Stuart Bell always used to tell us at church--"Don't assume nothin'."

I got a call from him on his way home assuring me that he had purchased my cookies. He stopped at Panera Bread in Waco--great place, by the way, and actually is where I suggested he stop. However, it is not a great place to buy shower cookies. Anyway, he said they had a really hard time finding 24 cookies for him, but he did have them, and they were assorted: chocolate macadamia nut, chocolate chip, shortbread, etc. I asked how much he paid per dozen, thinking that he would ask first before buying, just like I would. HA!

He said, "Well, the total came to $36.00."

Seems he paid $1.49 per cookie. And these aren't cookies, by the way. They are
C-O-O-K-I-E-S! No self-respecting woman would dare eat one of these honking things at a shower in front of other ladies. They might in the privacy of their own kitchens, but not in a public place.

Anyway, tomorrow at the shower, I may not have the BEST cookies there, but I know I will have the MOST EXPENSIVE!

2 comments:

ShelleyRo said...

1. You have been married to him long enough to know he will buy the cookies where you first suggest
2. Cost doesn't matter if that is what he is told to do
3. AND ANY BAPTIST WOMAN IS FULL OF CRAP IF THEY TURN DOWN A BIG COOKIE BECAUSE OF WHAT SOMEONE WILL THINK-WHEN THEY GET OUT TO THE CAR THEY WILL THINK WHY DIDN'T I GET A BIG HONK'N COOKIE.

joyfuljourney said...

Dang, those sound good! I would have eaten one!!