Lunch conversation usually includes at least one of us teachers relating a story about something a student did that landed him in the principal's office. Today's story led to a thought-provoking question: Would punishment be more effective if we dealt these kids the same misery that they dished out to someone else?
This morning a student put a pencil in his pants and then forced a girl to stick said pencil in her mouth. YUK! I'm so glad I'm a teacher and not a principal. I would have had to excuse myself to go into the hallway to laugh hysterically over this one.
We just wondered how Kid A might feel if we had Kid B (our choice, of course!) put a pencil down his crack and then make Kid A put it in his mouth.
Would this cause Kid A to make better choices in the future?
Sorry if this disgusts anyone. I guess I'm just used to this kind of thing having spent fifteen years in 6th grade.
1 comment:
Hilarious! and yes, thought provoking!
Post a Comment